Previously, the trend to promote your brand is to entice your audience (property-seekers) with captivating content. Now, though written material still matters, it might not be enough to attract property seekers.
This is why adding high quality photos become a needed option. Many prefer this method because, photos are easier to understand and appreciate. They’re straightforward and, at the same time, appealing to look at.
1. They have a higher chance of gathering genuine leads
In this digital era, property seekers want to be equipped with as much information and materials as possible before taking the next step with you. By showcasing the property in a professional manner, you will be able to establish yourself as a property agent that aims to serve them - and that’s extremely important to genuine property seekers!
2. You have already impressed the property seeker (or at least managed his/her expectations)
With good quality and attractive photos, you have already won half the battle. Just by looking at those photos, the property seeker may have already made a decision at the back of his/her head, that they would like to close the deal with you.
3. Great photos are better than the best descriptions
While having a great description is important - seeing is believing, and property seekers want some photo evidence of what they can expect to see in real life.
Here’s all you need to know about our Quality Photos Guide
What is Quality Photos Guide?
It is an artificial intelligence system that helps agents detect listing photos that can be improved in AgentNet.
Why is Quality Photos Guide launched?
We aim to help agents improve the quality of the property photos that is uploaded to their listings, which in turn drives better listing performance. It has also been proven that property seekers prefer to see good quality photos to help them make better decisions.
What will happen should your photos not meet the Quality Photos Guide’s requirement?
Photos that do not meet the Quality Photo Guide’s requirement will be suspended and not be published online. Property seekers will not see suspended photos when they view your listing in both search results and listing detail page.
This applies to newly uploaded photos from 30 Jan 2019, and applies to all photos in active listings from 25 Mar 2019.
What makes quality photos that will be published?
The answer is simple - follow the requirements of our Quality Photo Guide, and the suggestion it prompts you. This will ensure that photos you upload to your listings will be published. And because they are of quality, it will meet the expectations of property seekers, hence your listings are expected to perform better!
Here’s an overview of the requirements of our Quality Photos Guide
1. Ensure photos uploaded are bright and sharp
- Tidy up the room, and open up the curtain or turn on the lights to fill the room with light
- Make use of a tripod or steady yourself - tuck your arms into your sides or lean up against a wall or tree for some extra support
- Stand at an extreme corner of the room to capture as much of the room in your photo as possible
- Focus carefully on a subject
2. Do not overlay photos with multiple original pictures with text, logo or photo of a person
Tip: Do not worry - because PropertyGuru will watermark all photos you uploaded with great deal of transparency. Which will protect the copyright of your photos. You are not able to customize the watermark. The name on the watermark of the listing property photo and description will match the name displayed in the profile.
3. Don't collage many photos into one photo
Tip: Upload separate photos individually to showcase them one at a time, this ensures that they can be seen clearly even on mobile phones.
4. Don’t upload floor plans or map under photos
Tip: Upload floor plans (should you have) under the ‘Floorplan’ tab instead
5. Leverage on the map that is in your Listing Detail Page by default
Should you feel that our A.I. has made a mistake in its detection, you may request for an appeal.
For general enquiries, please reach out to our Customer Service at the following:
- Phone: +65 6238 5971 (Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm, closed on PH)
- Email: email@example.com
- Live Chat: Click on the red button on the bottom-right of your AgentNet desktop page
For technical assistance, please message us via WhatsApp us at +65 9298 1629
(Mon - Fri 9am - 9pm, closed on PH) and we will get back to you within 1 working day.
Other recommended articles:
10 tips to take quality photos with your phone
What is Quality Photos Guide Hard Enforcement?
Why have my photos been 'Suspended' and can’t be published?
How to lodge an appeal for suspended photos?